Check out our 2021 events calendar here
President's Message: July/August 2021
With the lazy days of summer upon us, I find myself reflecting on thoughts about what makes FreeWalkers tick. A lot has changed since the group was started back in 2010. We’ve grown from a handful of walkers to many from other states, and virtually around the world as well.
Here are my thoughts about what makes us unique, and perhaps different, from other walking organizations. Would you agree?
- Motivated to walk long-distances, whereas one might not walk the same alone.
- Open to exploring new places and, on occasion, pushing beyond our comfort zone.
- Socially welcoming to people from all over the world.
- Okay with getting a little lost on the road or trail, trusting we will always find our way back.
- Crazy enough to keep on walking with aches and pains, and blisters, too.
- Fun to be with even when the sun goes away and the rain comes.
- Interested in the latest and greatest walking gear, and where to get the best deals.
- Ready to hang out after the walk for a drink with new friends who were total strangers at the start of the day.
- Joyfully obsessed with counting steps and miles on our technological devices.
- People of all ages, sizes, shapes and fitness levels, with a common goal to keep moving no matter what.
Walking is without question the best exercise that most can do. If you start walking with us, you just may develop an addiction and keep it up. It’s a positive addiction.
If you’ve walked with us once - or many times - we’d love to hear about your experiences. We will continue to grow and improve our events with the help of your feedback.
Drop me a note at email@example.com or share on our FB group at any time.
Risa Olinsky, President
FreeWalkers is a 100% volunteer 501(c)(3) organization. Consider making a donation here.