All scheduled walks are postponed through September 15th and until further notice, based on the guidance regarding the coronavirus from the CDC, the Governors of New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania, and numerous local officials. We look forward to being able to walk with you again soon.
Message from the President
See you in September! As the summer comes to a close we are all trying hard to get back to normal, but what is the new normal?
- Normal is smiling with our eyes, not with our mouths;
- Normal is passing on giving friendly hugs, and waving hello instead;
- Normal is walking six feet apart;
- Normal is speaking louder than usual through a mask to hear the conversation;
- Normal is being considerate of our friends, loved ones and even strangers’ safety;
- Normal is walking together and making new friends;
- Normal is exploring communities, cities and parks, we will do our best to keep this going;
- Normal is limited bathroom stops along the way - sad but true;
- Normal is being together outside, the best for our bodies, heart and minds;
- Normal is FreeWalkers lives on.
Board members Jenn Popper, David Ascher, Charles Updike, Cory Storch and I, along with so many other volunteers, are working hard to keep FreeWalkers on foot. Many of our events were cancelled these past few months due to COVID-19 restrictions, but now we are trying to re-open and plan events as safely as possible. Please check Facebook and Eventbrite before attending a walk to make sure it’s still on.
Our next event is a virtual one the weekend of Sept. 12/13. In addition, we will meet via Zoom on Wednesday, September 9, 5:30-7:00 p.m. to talk about what’s coming….. stay tuned for invitations!
Please feel free to reach out with questions, concerns and feedback.
FreeWalkers is a 100% volunteer organization; we are all in this together.
Stay well and stay safe,
2020 Calendar of Events
Register now and pencil in those dates for 2020! Check out the forty walks on schedule to kick off our second decade of FreeWalking, including a dozen new walks and a few of your favorites freshened up just a bit.