About this event
Last year we built a world-wide community of walkers, so in the spirit of extending our reach we're renaming it The Kennedy50 Community Walk and invite you to participate wherever you are.
Whether you walk on your own or join us in person, be a part of a community of walkers that will motivate you to walk more miles than you might otherwise do. If you enjoyed last year's event, please share this link with others to join in this year.
Registrants will receive start locations, times and further details of five different live walks scheduled in NJ, PA and DE.
As a thank you for your support you will receive a commemorative FreeWalkers gift.
Our first ZOOM meeting is open to all, friends, family and more - so save the date.
- Wed Feb 9: Pre-Event Zoom Meeting
- Sat Feb 12: East Coast Greenway, Wilmington and New Castle, DE 18 miles
- Sun Feb 13: Columbia Trail, Hunterdon County, NJ 12 miles
- Sat Feb 19: Watchung Reservation, Union County, 10 miles
- Sat Feb 19: Schuylkill River Trail, Philly and Montgomery County, PA, 5 to 22 miles
- Sun Feb 20: South Mountain Reservation, Essex County 15 miles
- Mon Feb 21: Post-event Zoom Celebration
Since February of 2013, FreeWalkers has presented its annual 50-mile walking event to honor the grit of Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy and the vision of his brother, President John F. Kennedy.
Challenge yourself. Once your walk is completed, share your mileage in any way you choose. This walk is over a 10+ day period, so more people can participate. Do as much as you can each day and aim for 50 miles in 10 days.